With hundreds of full color photos, this book will help you explore new possibilities with your sewing machine. Browse through this book and see page after page of inspiring garments and home decorating projects. Follow the step-by-step instructions for these innovative machine techniques.
The easy-to-follow steps include:
* how to adjust your sewing machine for perfect decorative stitching
* basic techniques for topstitching, satin stitching, twin needle sewing and couching
* ideas for using the decorative stitch patterns on the sewing machine
* tips for sewing with specialty threads of the bobbin of the machine
* applique methods for fused, reverse, transparent, padded and shadow appliques
*heirloom sewing techniques, including fagoting, cutwork, hemstitching, pintucks and French machine sewing
* free-motion machine embroidery methods for creative monogramming, thread painting, thread sketching and Battenberg lace making.
From the basics of machine applique to the intricacies of delicate cutwork, you will enjoy the many creative ways to personalize your sewing projects with decorative stitching.